Sunday, October 31, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I also used 2 titans that flank the composition on both sides on decorative nouveau frame as symbols of strength, protection, durability drawn from a neo-renaissance style facade of one of the beautiful buildings in the "Vynohrady" (grapes) district in Prague. I present the full colour and a tinted black-and-white variation of the painting.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Place of Creation: Prague, Czech Republic
Saturday, April 17, 2010
"Gaudi's Caprice" Photography. 2010
"Benedictine Aspiration" Photography. 2008
"Momento Mori" Photography. 2008
"Twenty Four Palm Leafs and a Red Car" Photography. 2010
"Cihtog" Photography. 2010
"Swallen Laws. Together But Apart" Photography. 2010
"Incandescent Dolphins" Photography. 2009
"Holy, Holy, Holy INRI" Photography. 2007
"Perpetual Permutations...?" Photography. 2009
"A Glimpse of a Game called "Geniality"" Photography. 2008
"A Parabola of Life" Photography. 2009
"149.597.890.000" Photography. 2010
"149.597.890.000" Detail. Photography. 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
I was always fond of numbers and their magic. Numerology presents to me a unusual science
which in one or another way, as I see it, reflects the structure of the universe we live in, by counting the objects and measuring phenomena around us.
"Sagrada Familia"/"The Holy Family" Facade of Jesus' Passions. Fragment of a Bronze Plaque. (Barcelona, Spain)
Once I came across a interesting numerologic exercise to see what number domines me or my life. So the scheme was simple to sum the numbers of your birthday... As numerology is one of most symbolistic sciences of all which use number, i realised the number of my life is 33 (summing all the unique numbers in my birth date = 33).
The Sagrada Família Magic Square
Josep Subirachs was one of the leading sculptors of the XXth century in Barcelona. The Passion façade of the Sagrada Família church in Barcelona, designed by him, features a 4×4 magic square: The magic constant of the square is 33, the age of Jesus at the time of the Passion. Structurally, it is very similar to the Melancholia magic square, but it has had the numbers in four of the cells reduced by 1.
- The Christ in the Gospels accomplishes 33 miracles of which 24 were cures.
- According to the law of Moses, Number of days following the circumcision of the foreskin of the child where the mother had to purify her blood. She did not have to touch nothing of sacred and not to go to the sanctuary until 33 days have been passed. (Lv 12,4-8)
- King David reigned 33 years to Jerusalem. (1 Ch 3,4)
- There are 33 doctors of the Church, or theologians, to which the Roman Catholic Church recognizes a particular authority of witnesses of the doctrine. The list of the 32 last is given in "Theo, New catholic encyclopedia", Droquet and Ardant, Fayard, 1989, p. 23. There are thirty men and three women.
- The thirty-third year of a person, it is the perfect age, that of the full development, according to Mary Agreda.
- It is at this age that Jesus-Christ was crucified (lived 33 years).
- Saint Joseph was also 33 years old when he took for wife the Virgin Mary, according to visions of Mary Agreda.
- According to some authors, it is the age that will have the Antichrist at the time of his advent.
- The 33 litany of angels.
- The Basilica of saint Peter in Rome counts 33 chapels: 29 in the Basilica itself and 4 of more in the crypt.
- The Hebraic tradition distinguishes 32 ways of the Wisdom to which it adds "Ain Soph" or the unknowable one.
- The 33 divinities, divided into three classes, invoked in the songs of the Rig-Veda.
- The Zen books represent us the genius solar surrounded by 33 atmospheric gods.
- After a fast of 40 days, Buddha left the desert to go to exert his apostolate and he was followed by 33 princes of spirits to which he gave the sacred instruments that are used by the musicians in the pagodas.
- A legend wants also that 33 "Arhats" spread Buddhism.
- In his "Divine Comedy", Dante attributed 33 songs to the Purgatory and 33 songs to the Sky.
- The 33 ranks (or degrees of initiation) of the Masonic hierarchy, divisible in 3 series of 11.
- And 33 members compose the Council of the Order of the Great Orient of France.
- 33 - Number of days of the "intellectual" cycle in the biorhythm.
- The United Nations logo represents a terrestrial globe divided in 33 fragments.
- Total number of vertebrae of the spinal column of the human body, in which pass 33 pairs of nervous groups.
- The number 33 is used 6 times in the Bible.
- The words "cross" and "devil" are used 33 times in the New Testament and the word "sickness", 33 times in the Old Testament.
- The words "miracle" and the verb "to blaspheme" are used 33 times in the Bible.
- The Bible contains totally : 66 books (33 + 33)
- Albert Einstein (German Physicist) = March 14, 1879 = 1+4+0+3+1+8+7+9 = 33
- Rafael Nadal (Spanish Tennis Player) = June 3, 1986 = 0+3+0+6+1+9+8+6 = 33
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
"Prague - The European Capital, Jewel City" (2007) by Damyan TwoNine